Notices & News
BACA Security Advice
Message from the Chairman:
Authorities are advising that in the first place, contact your local or airport police, or country’s Serious Crime or Anti-Terrorist tel number on anything that you feel is suspicious, or doesn’t feel right. Any information, however small, is welcomed by the authorities. We are being advised to read “Project Pegasus” which covers what we should be aware of.
Apart from the five contacts below, obtaining info from the EU seems to be more difficult at this stage and we would be most grateful if any overseas member has tel numbers, or website/email contacts for their own country, to let us know and we will compile a mini-directory on our website. Any information, however small, is welcomed by all the authorities.
We can only advise to be mindful of:
– calls from unknown persons/new brokers.
– Flights to “different” airports from normal.
– Passports/photo ID and having full residence details of passengers and proof.
– Credit card fraud and payments from unusual sources or unknown Banks.
– Requests to carry unusual amounts of baggage and ensure it is all security checked.
– Unusual haste to operate a flight ’now’!
(Google will translate the page)
Tel: +33 1 77 92 32 00
Tel: + 34 915 822 160
3. CIS /Russia
Tel: +7 495 606 41 33
They say call 911
We do hope this is of some assistance to you all. All these details will be retained on our website, for members only.
Posted 22nd March 2016